5 easy things you should be doing on Google+
I can also make an educated guess and say that the most puzzling social network is still Google+. What exactly is it? How does it work? These are still questions being asked but what I can tell you is that you can’t wait anymore. You need to start using it, now.
Here are 5 easy things you can do on Google+ that will help you enhance your brand and will connect your business to your customers in a more meaningful way.
1. Create a Community. Communities are Google’s new baby and are a really interesting new feature. Be an early adopter and create a community tailored to your potential customers. Want an example? Let’s say you are a bakery in New York that specializes in cupcakes. You can create a “ Cupcakes Lover” community and share with the community pictures and recipes and let the member of the community interact with it!
2. Actively participate in a community. A community that groups together your customers or other business in your category already exists? Don’t worry, go ahead and join it. You will be able to see what potential customers are talking about, what interests them and ignite the conversation. Remember, you are not trying to convert on a platform like G+; you are developing a voice and enhancing your brand while focusing on audience engagement.
3. List your Business on Google+ Local. You may be wondering why now that you have a Google+ page you also need to list your business. The answer is simple: Google+ Local not only greatly influences the results users can find on a map but it also lets you collect reviews from your customers!
4. Share Content with your circles. I’ve said it already in my previous post but this is crucial on Google+. There are two types of content you should be sharing: articles you found online and content you create. Both are important but your original content can become your strategic differentiator. Link your posts to your Google+ personal Profile through Authorship and you will be able to rank higher and attract the attention of users because your picture will appear to them!
5. Organize monthly Hangouts. Hanging out with your circles is a great way to connect with them and since Google lets you record the hangout you can then re-post this fresh and original content on your YouTube channel and promote it across Social Media Platforms. One quick example? If you are a restaurant let your Chef have a hangout where he shows a quick recipe for a special dinner!
You don’t have an excuse anymore to break your new year resolution. You better get started on Google+ or you may be late to the party.