I’m sure that by now you understand the importance of social media.
It is, if used wisely, a great branding tool and an easy way to reach your audience.
If you think that managing ALL of your social media accounts in an effective way is too overwhelming, think again and keep reading this post.
Today I will give you 5 pieces of advice that will help you make social media your new best friend!
1. Set your goal. What you need to decide first is what you want to achieve with your social media presence. If you are a restaurant with an established online audience you may decide to use social media mostly to promote your daily specials; for a fashion company social media may become a way to enhance or create the brand.
Setting the goal will require some strategic thinking and probably some time but if you don’t know what you want to achieve you never will!
2. Plan your posts. The frequency of your posting and on what days greatly varies depending on your business. That being said, you should really create a weekly schedule for your posts. Planning the type of content you are going to share and selecting the different social media platforms you are going to use on different days will help you streamline the posting process and make your social presence more consistent and engaging.
3. Mix it up. I am referring to the type of content you share. Original content – in the form of pictures, blog posts, video and promotional material- should definitely be part of the mix but you should also consider re-posting great content from relevant voices in your business.
The bottom line is to create value for your audience and be coherent with your brand image.
4. Understand the different social media platforms and play by their rules. Each social platform has its own differentiating characteristics – some being easier to understand, ala hashtags, likes, pins and so on. What may not be as easy to understand is the proper method of communication that is most appropriate for each social platform, or the best time to post, or even how to contact your audience.
5. Find your voice and have fun. It may be easy to get lost in a very corporate social media routine with all these rules, don’t! It’s important to keep in mind that social media gets you closer to your audience and should be the platform for an engaging conversation.
Finding a voice will help you share content that your audience will find interesting and most importantly they will look forward to it and actively interact with it online.
Do you need some inspiration? The great news is that there are great resources online and that brands have been experimenting for years now. Some of our favorites are: JetBlue twitter account, Sharpie on Instagram, and PlayStation on Google+.
Tools like Hootsuite make it easy to manage all of your social media from one central location.
What can help you figure all of this out? Come back to our blog and connect with us!
Having a social presence is key, today more than ever. Having a consistent social presence can take your business to the next level.